9.30am: Seminar on Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg held in the Goethe Insitut
- Dennis Hennig, musician-academic (Conservatorium of Music): Analysis of the opera
- Dr Ken Moulden (Department of Germanic Studies, Sydney University): Analysis of the libretto
- Brian Taylor (Department of Germanic Studies, Sydney University): Historical mastersingers
- Sir Charles Mackerras: The opera’s demands on a musician and how he would be approaching conducting the opera.
- Dr Leonard Hansen introduced members of the cast: Helena Doese (Eva), Paul Frey (Walter), John Wegner (Nightwatchman), and Reinhard Heinrich (costume designer) and Heather Begg.
Followed by a champagne reception for Sir Charles Mackerras at the Goethe Institut