Our next event is: In conversation with Maestro Anthony Negus [Conductor & Musical Director for Melbourne Opera's Ring Cycle] & his wife Carmen Jakobi [chief German language coach for the Ring]
It will be held at 2.00pm on Sunday 26 February at the Goethe Institut, Event Hall (upstairs), 90 Ocean Street (cnr Jersey Road), Woollahra.
The event will be held live at the Goethe Institut, with Maestro Anthony Negus and Carmen Jakobi on video from Melbourne. This will be an illuminating insight into the massive effort that has gone into preparing young musicians for Melbourne Opera's Ring Cycle in Bendigo in 2023. It will be interactive with questions from the floor.
This will be preceded at 12.00 noon by the DVD - Global Wagner - From Bayreuth to the World - a film by Axel Brüggemann. The film is a revealing feature-length study of life with Wagner’s legacy from one Bayreuth Festival to the next, and we travel the world to meet devoted Wagnerians and those most intimately involved in commenting on and producing his work today.
$25 members / $35 non-members / $10 full-time students, including refreshments/drinks/afternoon tea
Members of the public are most welcome!
1: Attendance at the event
- If you plan to attend, please register BY EMAILING JUNE DONSWORTH at email@example.com
- This is important - we need to know how many will be attending for catering.
Those who have registered to attend:
- can either pay at the door, or
- can pre-pay by using your bank's internet banking facilities to send your payment electronically - listing your name and the event - to Westpac Banking Corporation, Paddington NSW Branch. Account name: The Wagner Society / BSB: 032040 / Account Number: 911323
3. Keeping you safe
- face masks are encouraged
- please don’t attend if you feel unwell / are displaying any of the COVID-19 symptoms as identified by NSW Health / are required to self-isolate or quarantine